Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Basil Cookies

Last Saturday we had a Employee Appreciation Picnic. It was lots of fun for all We all brought pitch in food, and that is always good eating. I brought two of my favorite marinated veggie salads, my Dad's homemade red hot applesauce and Orange Basil Cookies.

Maybe because the food took longer to cook and everyone was snacking on them or maybe because they just good; my Orange Basil cookies were the hit of the day.

This is a old recipe I pulled from my files but so easy and an unusual way to use basil. Give it a try and you will have everyone asking for it!!!








Recipe

Orange Basil Cookies

1/4 cup butter
3oz cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1 TBLS orange juice
1teaspoon orange peel
1 Box orange cake mix
1cup nutmeats and raisins (I use pecans)
2TBLS dried basil

Mix together butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, juice and cake mix. Stir in the nutmeats and basil. Chill dough at least an hour. Roll into 1/2 inch balls and place on buttered cookie sheets. Flatten each one with a fork. Bake in a pre- heated oven at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes

Then sit back and just wait for the complements !!! Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin