Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

Where Cotton is King!!

Yes... So many of you  guessed the correct answer.   The "What is it Wednesday" was cotton.  I had picked up the stem at the Athens Georgia Farmers Market.

Interesting enough this corresponded to a visit to Waco Texas. I am a big fan of  "Fixer Upper" on HGTV and been watching the progress of the Magnolia Farms Store and Silos. So while in Dallas with my husband, I took the opportunity to drive on down.  Wow is this a super place. Plus it seems that they have many fans and the whole area was swamped.  I was struck by the details and the obvious unbelievable level of personal energy Chip and Joanna Gaines have put into this project. All the employees were so friendly and helpful. Here are some photos:



I think the Gaines's style stirs a sense of calm, family and better times. When life was just a bit simpler and we all slowed down more to enjoy each other. It certainly appeals to me. 




Oh yes....back to the cotton. It was everywhere in the decor. 


So if you are anywhere near Waco Texas or not this is a great place to visit. I left feeling very relaxed and excited about the future for a once deserted downtown.  Way to go Gaines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin