Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Holiday Hits



The weather outside is freezing... So I am taking the day to regroup. I am cleaning out the refrigerator as all the company has gone home. It is a great day to look back at the recipe hits for the 2017 Holiday Season. 

I had several parties this year. I decorated the house with so any wonderful fresh greens from the garden. I have some wonderful pictures posted on my Instagram ...basil becky.


So here is hit recipe #1 Marinated Beef Tenderloin Skewers with Mustard Horseradish Cream

This is a recipe from Nancy Fuller "Farm House Rules" 

2lbs  filet mignon steaks about 1 1/2 inches thick cut into 2 inch pieces and put on to rosemary  skewers.  Place in a shallow bowl and set aside. Then I marinaded the beef skewer in a marinate of 
1 tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon packed light  brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 teaspoons mustard powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, 5 cloves garlic smashed and chopped with 1/4 cup olive oil. plus 2 limes juiced. 

After marinating the beef skewers for about 30 minutes or more, I heated up the grill to a medium-high heat. I grilled the beed to desire doneness. 
The dipping sauce of Mustard Horseradish Cream was great for dipping the skewers into..

1 cup sour cream; 1/3 cup prepared horseradish; 2 Tablespoons spicy mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt; pinch pepper. 

These were such a big hit.. and so tasty. 

I love the fact that I can go out in the back yard and cut my fresh herbs...even in December, a few still hang on.


Stay tuned for hit #2....

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin