Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A Spring Carpet of Beauty




Grecian Windflowers bring joy in the Early spring! 






There are so many beautiful plants popping up in my spring garden it is hard for me to focus and write about just one. But I love this plant and it was a gift from a gardener that worked this great space long before I was blessed to acquire the land. 
Early every spring my side yard by the Herb House becomes a field of purple, pink and bluish small daisy like flowers. They are Grecian Windlfowers (A.blanda)
They are a perennial spring bulb that produce blooms that resemble small daises. They great a colorful ground cover that extends into my lawn. They light up the area and graceful underscore the emerging daffodils and wood poppies. 
The foliage is medium green and somewhat fern like.  Although they only last for few weeks, they are a highlight for me and bring me joy early in my garden.  They are hardy zones 4-9. 

I have tired without much luck to share and transplant these special flowers. I will keep trying..they are worth it!!! They do readily self sow.  

1 comment:

  1. You can find information about each sprinkler on the Internet. You can also see what the other equipment includes in the price. Check out this site to know more about drip irrigation reviews.

    ReplyDelete



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin