Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2021

New Chapter...New Adventures



Several  Friday’s ago, I officially started a new chapter in my life. I have just now relaxed enough to write about what has been happening.


Because our house in Kentucky sold quickly we had only three weeks to pack up 28 years of life. Sometime in the next couple weeks I will share how two old people with a pickup truck, a small box trailer, 

and lots of help from a few very special friends, successfully moved all our worldly possessions, north and out of Kentucky This will include how we successfully moved my bee hive, that is known for its yummy honey, but very aggressive bees. It was a mad rush and we ended up loading the last trip with the new owner arriving for a final walk through before the closing.


The house was purchased by a person who seems to have as much passion for gardening as I do.

 She loves the land, the gardens and appears anxious to tackle my addiction of planting as many varieties of plants that I could get my hands around. In addition she absolutely loves the old Historic House and the Old Herb House. It appears to me that her plans are to maintain the historical integrity of this amazing Kentucky property. 


We are moving to the house my parents built for their retirement; to a property they loved, gardened, and nurtured for their six children, many grandchildren and great grand children.  We will continue that tradition. 


I have felt their presence here with us since we purchased this property over two years ago. Traveling back and forth and trying to maintain two very different landscapes has proven to be more than I could effectively handle. So the timing of the house selling, along with the wonderful person who purchased the house, and getting the move done, was all a gift from my parents watching over me from above. 


It is fitting that we moved when the daffodils were starting to bloom. My parents many, many years ago here in south central Indiana, started planting daffodils, much as I did at my home in Kentucky. They are everywhere and very comforting.


The gardens at my Kentucky home were outstanding and they will forever be etched in my heart and soul  But I am a Gardener and what do Gardeners do when they leave one place and move to a new spot?  They just build more gardens. Since I have over 150 acres space is not an issue. 


But they will be different different gardens, with more natives, wildflowers and with a focus on developing natural spaces. I have been thinking about how to nurture this land for over two years and the time to jump 

in is now.   


So in between unloading hundreds of boxes I will begin my new adventure in a place that is very dear to my heart, my new home. I have so many amazing friends in Kentucky, it was hard to say goodby so I didn't. We will be coming to Shelbyville at least one day a week to our Blitz Builders Office to work. I hope to see many of you and keep up with the very special relationships that I have cherished thru the last 28 years.


Also know that Brown County Indiana is not far away and a great place to explore, 

my gate is always open 

for old friends......


2 comments:

  1. Raintree Nursery to equip you to have all the resources to make our home beautiful, healthy & fresh with plants that will also increase the curb appeal of our home and garden. Visit to order fruit trees online California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As with watering, every plant has different light requirements.Buy plants online in karachi Many plants prefer direct sunlight, but this may be hard to get inside a house. Placing a plant in a window might offer enough light, but some houseplants will need supplementing from a grow light

    ReplyDelete



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin