Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Mint Freeze

This is a refreshing summer dessert, that my Mother use to serve to all her garden club friends. It looks so pretty in parfait glasses. I now have my Mom's glasses and smile when I serve this great dessert. ( Mom's recipe calls for adding food coloring, I do not do that, but I have included the food coloring in the recipe to preserve Mom's recipe.)

Mint Freeze

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup fresh mint
1/2 cup lemon juice
Green food coloring( I leave this out)
1 cup whipping cream

Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water -boil until sugar dissolves. Cool syrup and put mint and sugar in blender and run until fine. Stir in 1/2 cup lemon juice and green food coloring(or not)

Strain and discard mint. Freeze until smooth, fold in whipped cream. Put into the parfaits glasses and freeze until firm.

I add some small mint leaves as a garnish. As this settles in the glass, it forms layers and is so beautiful. Everyone loves it, it is refreshing, cool and so minty!!

Enjoy!! There is so much to love about mint. Some time we will explore the wonders of a Mint Julep!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the sounds of this. It sounds so refreshing. I appreciate your comment on my blog. I have been blogging for about a year and a half. I have got to know so many great people. I have met a few and blogging is so neat. I hope to get to know you better and I will read some of your past posts. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I am only beginning to blog, but it has been fun. I will check your blog out all the time!@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This sounds amazing, will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to try this since I have lots of peppermint (will that be a good mint to use?). I'll let you know the outcome. I believe you posted a comment on my blog but I somehow lost it when the prompt came up and I accepted it. I'm still learning lots about blogging, too. I think I love reading them more than writing them! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! Wow, I really have to try this. I love mint. I will have to check back at your blog often for new recipies. I may have it backwards, but I started growing herbs first, then wondered what to do with them, so I'm starting to discover that cooking can be really fun, especially using fresh ingrediants from my garden!

    ReplyDelete



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin