Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Last Carrots of the Season

On Saturday January 9th, it was almost 60 degrees.  But a change was in the air.  So I employed one of my best helpers (Callum, my 3 year old grandson) and set out to finish a few left over garden task.

I thought my window of opportunity to finish the few reminding garden tasks was over, but oh no not this year.  First off was to plant the bulbs that had been waiting for the perfect day for 2 months.  Got it done 70 plus bulbs.  Then my buddy helped me harvested the last of the fall veggies.  He loved the carrots and consumed the majority of them. They are so sweet.


The little cabbages were just the needed crunch inside the turkey meatloaf!  So then the ice and snow hit. But I felt so lucky to have accomplish these last garden task.

Here is my Flavorful Turkey Meatloaf

In 2 TBPS Olive Oil I sautéed 1 small onion finely chopped, 2 garlic cloves minced, 2 carrots grated and two baby cabbages finely shredded.  After the vegetables were soft and translucent I allowed them them to cool for about 5  minutes.

In a large bowl I added 2 lbs  ground turkey, I use a combination of ground breast meat and dark meat. !/2 cup Roasted tomato sauce, ( see recipe below), 2 eggs and 2 egg whites, 1/4 c coconut milk and 1 TBLS coconut flour.  Then add 1/4 pepper and 1-1/2 teaspoon sea salt.

I then mixed, with my hands, together veggies and the meat mixture. I put this into a large meatloaf pan and add the rest of the roasted tomatoes on top.

I then baked this in a 375 degrees oven for about 45 minutes.

**For the topping I roasted two pints of cherry tomatoes with garlic, salt and pepper and olive oil for about 30 minutes. Part I incorporated into the meatloaf and the rest I used on top mixed with a bit of organic catsup.

You can also put these into muffins tins. It is very moist, crunchy and favorable.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin