Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Educational and Entertaining Lecture

This morning I attended an excellent and motiving lecture by Douglas W. Tallamy.  It was presented by the Glenview Garden Club of Louisville.  Dr. Tallamy is a Professor and  of the Department of Entomology and Wildlife Ecology at the University of Delaware.

The talked was called "The Birds and The Bees and ...Beetles? Preserving Balance in the Garden with Nature's Partners"

Basically it was about preserving our wildlife by making sure we all do our part and plant native host plants. Conservation by conscientious gardening and landscaping.

I am currently working on an article on Cool Shrubs for the Landscape for the 'Kentucky Gardener ' and now I need to rethink what is really cool!

Check out this website:
 ww.bringingnaturehome.net 

I have already ordered this book as well as "The Living Landscape".  Dr. Tallamy mentioned if you are seeing Lightening Bugs in the summer you are on the right track. My precious grandson Thatcher and I sat on the tree swing and watched  the lightening bugs, just last summer. I feel I am on the right direction but definitely motivated to do more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin