Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Pineapple Sage Coolers!






I am so glad that we have not yet had a frost, I have Basil to harvest, flowers to dry, but most of all it has allowed my Pineapple Sage (Salvia elegans) to come to it's full beauty.


In Kentucky Pineapple Sage is a tender perennial. I have had it live through the winter but that is a rare occurrence. This year it is particularly wonderful. I love its bright red spike bloom that reach up to the Autumn sky,it is as if it is begging f0r summer to hang on just a little longer.


Tomorrow afternoon a group of my favorite garden friends are coming over for a garden harvest happy hour. We all bring wonderful Herby appetizers and drinks. I will share recipes!!


I am going to make the following Pineapple Sage Cooler. It can be jazzed up with a spirit or just enjoyed without!!

Pineapple Sage Cooler

2 1/2 c. water 2( 12 oz) cans chilled apricot nectar
3 Tbsp. Fresh Pineapple Sage leaves 1 1/3 c. orange juice
6 Tbsp. sugar 1 (12 oz) bottle ginger ale

**I have added vodka, or spirit you enjoy. It is great, but equally as good with no spirits. For this event I will offer both.

Heat water to boiling. Remove from heat; add pineapple age. Steep for 10 minutes. Strain; stir in sugar until dissolved. Refrigerate till serving time. Pour into punch bowl and add apricot nectar, orange juice and ginger ale and what ever.

Enjoy! It is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin