Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Chili....Chili inside and out!







So it is a cold rainy day...I rushed around yesterday and harvested all the tomatoes,peppers,basil etc, that were hanging on for dear life. In an effort to use what I have on hand I have come up with a different recipe, Pumpkin Chili. I am using ground turkey because I am on a DIET!!! I will let you know. My recipe is below..










Becky's Pumpkin Chili

Heat 1 TBSP oil( I always use Olive Oil) in a large skillet over medium heat and saute 1 cup chopped onion, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and 1 clove garlic clove minced. Saute until tender. Stir in 1 lb ground turkey and cook until evenly browned. Pour meat mixture into into the slow cooker. Mix in 14 ounces of fresh cut tomatoes and 2 cups pumpkin puree. Add some water ....maybe just a cup, this can be adjusted as needed. Season with 2TBSP Chili Powder and some fresh"hot peppers".
Add a dash of salt and pepper...Set the slow cooker on low and cook for about 5 hours. If needed add chicken broth... I added a can of Black Beans...just for my husband!


Have Sour Cream and Cheddar Cheese available for toppings..plus I have "hot peppers"

I will let you know?????

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin