Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin, Pumpkins and more Pumkins



So I am now a HUGH Fan of Pumpkin. It is so good for you. I am making my grocery list this week and I am making tons of Pumpkin Recipes....I will share them with you. But here are so Pumpkin Facts!!!

Then Pumpkin is a member of the curcurbit or gourd family which include pumpkins, squash, cucumbers,melons, and watermelons, and is considered a Fruit.

The orginal pumpkin pie was made by hollowing out the pumpkin and filling it with milk, honey and spices and then baked in hot ashes.

The word pumpkin orginated orginated from the Greek word "pepon" which means "large melon"

Pumpkins are made up of about 90% water

Pumpkins were once used to remove freckles

Shelled Pumkins are a less expensive alternative to pine nuts

Roasted and shelled pumpkin seeds are called pepitas

Early setler used pumpkins to make beer

Pumpkins are low in calories, high in fier and low in sodium

Pumpkin Flowers are edible

Check in tomorrow..I will have some really fun pumpkin recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin