Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

To be a Squash or Not to Be?


Do as I say not what I do is the moral of this blog.  I have been watching this squash grow in my vegetable garden with wonder?  After several different options about what it is....I harvested the squash and cut it open.  Definitely squash, that resembled spaghetti squash.  Then I remembered that I had picked up a package of different squash seeds. That being Stripetti Squash,   I decided to bake it as I do spaghetti squash.


I cut the squash into manageable pieces.  I remove the seeds, this picture is before that step. I put cut side down and bake in about 2 inches of water. It usually bake this at 350 fro about 30 to 40 minutes or until the flesh is tender.

At this point I shredded it out of the shell added some seasoning and butter and it was yummy.  A good side with my grilled flat iron steak. I have more coming in the garden, I will probably let them go a bit longer..... But this is a great addition to the garden. Easy to grow and tasty!!



No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin