Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

Question for my Gardening Friends ....



Need some ideas...  I love learning from other Gardeners, I would love to hear some thoughts on this one.

I have a reader who is moving from New York to Alabama.  She has many different varieties of
 Day Lilies and needs to move them.  She is driving out in a small car with a dog and needed essentials...no room for lilies.

Any thought on how to best get them from New York to Alabama?  They have a pod that they could put them in .... or could ship UPS.

Let me know your thoughts.

I suggested digging them up in clumps and trimming them up. Then putting them in trash bags with a bit of moisture.  Then group into boxes.  Then let them be the last item loaded when the pod leaves.  They do have family on the Alabama end....to unload.

If they ship by UPS it would involve more work. But very possible. Dirt off, trimmed up divided into shippable size and wrapped in moisture wicked paper.  Again they do have folks to help on the receiving end.

Any better ideas?  (These are images from my garden)


No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin