Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS... GARLIC CHIVES







Today I spent a couple hours cutting the heads off my garlic chives. It is a very important task, that if I neglected to do, I would end up with 20 acres of Garlic Chives. I do love the blooms, they appear late in August when so few new blossoms are emerging, plus they provide a crisp accent to the late Fall Garden. The trick is to eliminate the blossom before it goes t0 seed. I took this opportunity to give all the chive plants a haircut. It made my garden look orderly, if only for a short time!

Since I already had the smell of garlic infused into my hands, I cut up some fresh young leaves and used them on our baked potatoes! Plus as an added bonus, I made some chive butter and served it on warm french bread.

YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY









No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin