Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cleaning out the Frig!

Since it was a pretty blah Saturday, (cool and rainy) I decided to clean out the frig and freezer.   I knew what would happen, it is the same when I try to clean out my gardens. I end up pulling out saved items and start to pitch, then I think about what I could make and use the ingredient.  I think I have been watching to many episodes of Iron Chef and Chopped.. In my garden, I just cannot throw out plants. I always end up somehow finding new homes for the rejects.

Here are a few of the results;  Cantaloupe Bread, Banana Crunch Muffins, and Vegetable Beef Stew.  So they are now packaged up and back in the refrigerator and freezer in a new form. I think there is something wrong with this picture?

CANTALOUPE BREAD


Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 3/4 c. flour

1/4 tsp. soda

2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

2/3 c. sugar

2 eggs

1/2 c. chopped pecans

1/5 c. melted butter

1 c. mashed cantaloupe pulp


Mix dry ingredients, add eggs, butter and cantaloupe pulp. Stir in pecans. Pour into a well greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until done. "This is out of this world good - so moist you would never suspect cantaloupe was used



No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin