Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saturday Cooking

Since yesterday was too cold for outdoor gardening activities, I opted to do my next favorite activity....cooking. I spend hours scouring magazines and the Internet for recipes. My husband claims I never make the same thing twice. I am trying hard to not only keep track of good recipes but also use the foot high stack of torn out recipes from magazines. In fact, I have been compiling weekly menus and grocery list from this hugh stack.

At Kroger, the Organic whole chickens were on sale and calling to me. The thing is I hate taking the meat off a whole chicken, so a quick call to my sous chef (i.e my husband) gave the promise of help.

I roasted the bird in a 350 degree oven for about 2 hours. It weighed about 6 lbs. I did stuff it with lime slices and fresh thyme. Thus using up left over limes and helping me with my commitment to use more herbs.

I rubbed the outside of the bird with olive oil and coarse sea salt. When the internal temperature reached 190 degrees we pulled the golden brown chicken out and let it rest.

Meanwhile, my husband had been researching carving a chicken, he is ready to go with the carving.The result was a four star success. This was by far one of the most flavorful chickens we have had in a very long time.

Plus, it was fun engaging Randy!!! So he wins....I will make this again.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin