Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Grandma BB is babysitting

Today I babysat my 10 month old grand-baby, so I had to be very creative for dinner.We had some wonderful rosemary laced pork loin roast and some left over asparagus with blue cheese, so I just needed to add some bling. I made roasted pepperoni chips with meted blue cheese and coconut pumpkin soup. The end result was great!!!
Pumpkin Coconut Soup

Ingredients
2 carrots chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 tbls olive oil
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 14 oz unsweetened light coconut milk
1 14 oz low sodium chicken broth
2tbsp brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2tbsp cilantro

In a large sauce pan sauté the onions carrots and pepper in the olive oil about 5 minutes. In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, chicken broth, coconut milk , then stir in the brown sugar, salt and ginger.
Bring to a broil and the reduce to a simmer and cook about 10minutes. Before serving add in the Cilantro and fresh coconut.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin