Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

DILL : Herb of the Year



Dill is the Herb of the Year for 2010.

So I am going to make at least one recipe using Dill every week. In order to do this I will need lots of Dill, so I planted Dill in pots today, and will continue to plant Dill in the garden.

Here is the first of my Dill Recipes. I made this for Easter for my husband to take up to his Mom's for Easter. (I opted to stay home and work in my garden) Randy's Mom is on a no salt diet, I think she enjoyed this appetizer.

Egg Salad Crostini

Slice a whole wheat baguette into small slices and toast in the oven for about 6 minutes.

Let them cool completely.

Hard boil 3 eggs. After they have cooled, mash and add 1 TBLS chives and 1 TBLS Dill Weed chopped. Add enough mayo to bind.( I use Helmans with Olive Oil.)

Chop up about 3 ounces of cooked shrimp. Slice very thin 1/2 of an English Cucumber.

Take the toasted bread slices...put a tablespoon of the egg salad on the toast/ put a dollop of shrimp/ then a cucumber slice. Put a sprig of the fresh dill weed on top...


This is an adapted recipe from Weight Watchers. I found that I needed to add a touch of fresh grinded sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin