Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Cooking...

I love a lazy Sunday, when I spend the whole day cooking and blogging. My husband is into the playoff games so I have made some "manfood" for him. About 2 weeks ago we had a great ham and I still had the bone, so I have made him "12 Bean Soup". I am not so into Bean Soup so I am making a pork chop recipe from Giada and Steamed Lemon Custard, green beans and a great salad.

Today is my son's Birthday. He is at Vero Beach on a Babymoon. We love Vero Beach..there are great restaurants there. I thought it would be good for him and his wife to go away for a nice relaxed weekend before the big event.

It is about 8 degrees here..but the sun is shinning.

Here is the recipe for the Man Soup...

2 cups beans from Bob's Red Mill 13 Bean Soup Mix
which I soaked overnight..

Then I added the great Ham Hock I had form the ham I had cooked two weeks ago.

2 1/2 qts water brought this all to a boil and then let it simmer for 4 hours.

I then added 1 can of tomatoes crushed. ! tbsp chili powder and two garlics minced

It is simmering until there is a break in the action and Randy is ready to eat.

I will let you know if it is...great!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The soup sounds wonderful. I have a frozen ham bone from New Years, I will try you recipe. Smiles, Dottie

    ReplyDelete



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin