Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Friday morning before the winter mix came in I made a last harvest trip to my garden. The temperatures were going to drop down to below 20 degrees so that may officially halt my growing season.

I cut some collards, Kale and some nice red lettuce.





I made my favorite Collard recipe Friday night. it is adapted from a recipe from Southern Living

Ingredients
12 Hickory-smoked bacon slices, finely chopped
2 medium slice onions
3/4 pound smoked ham
6 garlic cloves chopped
3 (32 ounce) containers of chicken broth
Approximately 3 lbs fresh collards, washed and trimmed
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper

1. Cook bacon in a 10 qt stockpot over medium heat sautéed until almost crisp. Add onion and sauté approx 8 minutes and ham and garlic and sauté a minute longer. Stir in the broth and remaining ingredients. Cook 2 hours or to desired level of tenderness.

Now on to decorating for Christmas We are traveling some during the holidays so I am not going 100%. I am just having fun looking through all the hugh collection of mismatched Christmas decorations. Stayed tuned !!!

Location:Last Harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin