Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fall Harvest Time

I am so excited I love fall veggies. I harvested Collards,Kale, and Swiss Chard and made a big pot of greens.



Today with a little help from my friends, I harvested my first crop ever of sweet potatoes.






The sweet potatoes have to cure. I will put them in a warm spot with some humidity for about three weeks. Then they are ready!!!!

Here is what I did with the greens|:

Fry about 6 slices good bacon until done but not crisp
Add some onion sliced and some red pepper flakes
Then add the cleaned and stems off, and chopped greens to the pot
Salt and pepper
Then homemade chicken broth to cover.

Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and let it cook for at least 2 hours. YUMMMY

I love growing my own veggies!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin