Pages

Monday, January 8, 2018

A few more Holiday Hits.... Rum Raisin Bread Pudding

This panettone was my inspiration for this dessert. I found it at Sam's Club. It was a great hit. Easy and loved by all, I was hoping I would have leftovers for the many gatherings scheduled, but no go. It  was gobbled up....
 Nothing is better than a bread pudding. Especially a spiked bread pudding.  This dessert was a great hit, mainly since I served it with homemade whipped cream with a hint of cinnamon. I took a recipe from Food Network courtesy of The Neeleys and changed it up, for my personal touch. 

My Ingredients: 
3 cups half and half
3 Tablespoons butter
1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup cane sugar
3 Tablespoons rum
1/2 cup raisins
One loaf of panettone/with chocolate chips, torn into chunks. 
4 eggs beaten

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan, add cream, milk, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cane sugar, rum and raisins and heat until sugar dissolves. 

Take a large bowl add the cubed bread and pour the hot mixture into a bowl. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so until the bread absorbs the liquid. 

Add the beaten eggs to the bread mixture and stir. Pour this into a large buttered cast iron skillet and bake for 50 minutes.  

Not only will your house smell heavenly, but you will also have delighted guests. And don't forget the whipped cream.

Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin