Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Birthday Celebration





Yesterday was a great family birthday celebration. We had three special birthdays in January, my husband was 60, my son was 30, and my daughter
-in-law celebrated her 29th.

I love to seek out special recipes for my guest. In this case, I wanted each birthday person to have a special dish. One of my favorite activities is to scour through magazines and the Internet and find great new recipes. I have a mile high stack of Tear Outs, that I will use someday. My husband feels I never make the same recipe twice, so for him I made my standby Prime Rib Roast!





My son loves Salmon, so for him I made a great new recipe. I have included the recipe .



My daughter-in-law loves breakfast casseroles, so I made her one of my favorites. I think it was a success because she took the leftovers home for dinner.


Lastly for me, I made a Roasted grape recipe and served it with some selected special cheeses. I continued my resolution to use more herbs by using this recipe, which I have included.

I hope you all enjoy this recipes as much as we did!!!!


Roasted grapes

1 lb rinsed,stemmed,red seedless grapes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
In a 12 x 15 baking pan, mix grapes, olive oil, fresh thyme,salt and pepper. Bake in a 400 degrees oven, shaking the pan occasionally, until the grapes are beginning to blister. 15 to 18 minutes. Use immediately or within 4 hours.

Roast Salmon

1/4 whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
11/2 tablespoons minced chives
4 -8 ounce skin -on wild salmon fillets
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a small bowl, stir together the mustard,olive oil, and chives

Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place them skin down on the prepared sheet. Spread the mustard mixture over the tops of the fillets. Roast the fish for 6 minutes.

Preheat the broiler.Broil the Salmon 6 inches from the heat for about 4 minutes, until the crust is browned and the Salmon is almost cooked through.

Thanks to FOOD AND WINE. For this recipe






No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin