Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hey Dad....The First Black Eyed Susan is Here


Black Eyed Susan were one of my Father's favorite flowers. He spent a lifetime transplanting them and cutting the seed heads off at the end of blooming season. He would then carefully place them in new areas, creating new pops of flower sunshine.

When I moved to Kentucky, I continued the traditions that I had so lovingly watched through the years. I now have tons of Black Eyed Susans. All my Neighbors and Friends have benefited from this love as well. As these wild Indiana Flowers have a tendency to spread.

Each late Summer my Father would note in a book, when the first bloom appeared.  Well Dad in my garden the first Black Eyed Susan appeared June 15th.  Easily a month early.  I picked it and gave it to Mom for you !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin