Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lonely Dinner

Ok maybe not so lonely, but anyway Randy was out of town last night. I wanted to make something quick, no meat, and tasty. I just happened to come across this recipe for and happened to have all the ingredients, well almost.

Penne with Spinach Sauce

1pound whole wheat penne
3 cloves of garlic
2 ounces goat cheese( I used 3 ounces mascarpone cheese for both these cheeses)
1 ounce reduced fat cream cheese
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
6 ounces fresh baby spinach
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan

I brought a large pot of salted water to boil and added the penne and cooked until dente ( Still tender but firm)

Mince the garlic in the food processor Add the cheese, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and half of the spinach leaves. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set the cheese and the spinach mixture aside.





Then place the remaining spinach leaves in a bowl. Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Place the pasta over the spinach leaves and then scrape the spinach cheese mixture over it all and toss to coat. Add enough of the reserved pasta liquid to moisten, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then grate the Parmesan over it.

Thanks to Cooking Channel and Giada De Laurentiis for this great recipe, that I adapted.

Just a side note... This recipe looks like it might have pesto in it but did not. It tasted so amazing. My son eat a great big bowl of it today and loved it. This is a keeper recipe.

1 comment:

  1. This was delicious. I used gluten-free pasta. Otherwise followed your instruction. My husband kept asking me what it was "called". Getting ready to share this with my daughter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin