Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday Soup.

Plans changed we were going down to Athens GA to see my baby Kalee and her wonderful husband Kalee, but Randy needed to work. So know wonderful dinner at my fav restaurant.

So lunch is what we have on hand. Since I had some kale still in the garden and some left over Cajun sausage from my Super Bowl appetizer, the Portuguese Kale Soup recipe was calling me. So it was great. Enjoy.







It was a great use of leftovers and the end of the garden...I think Randy enjoyed the fresh lunch.



So here is the recipe ....

1 to 2 lbs fresh kale.
1 large yellow onion
Cajun style sausage
8 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup olive oil
6 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 can cannelloni beans
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 hot pepper seeded
1/3 teaspoon paprika
Season with salt and pepper.

Slice the sausage and sauté in a 1/4 cup of olive oil, onion,and chopped garlic. Add the garlic but make sure it does not burn or turn brown. Add the liquid and allow to simmer for 10 minutes

Add the beans, kale, and simmer an additional 30 minutes.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin