Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Recipe for Super Bowl???

Ok we always go to this great party for Super Bowl. Everyone brings their A game recipe to share. I start working and thinking about this months in advance. I guess I never learn to try out the recipe before hand.

This year since it was being played in New Orleans, I wanted to do a tribute to an amazing city. So I made Shrimp Boil Skewers, a take off on a Low country boil. (Which we did for my daughters after wedding brunch) We love New Orleans.

I was discouraged because there were some left... Not a good sign but they were gobbled up at the office today. If I did this again, I would do it for something being served ASAP, not sitting on a counter for a couple hours. It does not work well to warm up shrimp.

Today I got great feedback from a day old dish, maybe because I am their boss??? But anyway, I think this recipe is a keeper. It is fun. Plus Rebeca from Baton Rouge gave it a thumbs up.

Shrimp Boil Skewers

From Southern Living April 2012.

Ingredients :
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove minced
2 cups fresh corn kernels
3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
24 baby red potatoes
1/2 lb smoked sausage cut into 24 slices
24 peeled and defined, extra large raw
shrimp
24 six inch wooden skewers.

Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat: add bell peppers and next two ingredients and sauté 4 minutes. Stir in corn and creole seasoning and sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and vinegar

Bring Old Bay Seasoning and 5 quarts to a boil, covered in a large stockpot
Add potatoes and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Add sausage and cook for 3 minutes.Add shrimp and cook and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp is pink( I think I cooked the shrimp too long). Drain.

Thread the potato, shrimp, and sausage onto the skewer. Arrange on the platter and spoon the corn salsa over the skewers.

Again I think this needs to served ASAP. I got several cool hot sauces in small bottles to put next to this dish. I loved the Cajun Love.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Marie and Steve's.

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin