Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

What Month is This?








Is it really the First of 2016?   The above photos were taken New Years Eve. I needed some cabbage for my New Years Day recipe and low and behold, there it was in my garden.  I am worried about what the following months will bring. I already have daffodils up 4 to 5 inches, hellebores in bloom and crabapples ready to pop open.  Stay tune......this may prove to be a very interesting year!!

 Here is the Napa Cabbage Recipe I served on New Years Day. Made with fresh Napa Cabbage form my garden. That will surely bring me good luck!!

Crunchy Napa Cabbage Slaw

In a large bowl combine about 2 cups napa cabbage coarsely shredded, 12 ounces snow peas, strings removed and thinly sliced, 1-1/3 thinly sliced radishes, 1-1/3 think sliced green onions including the tops, and 1-1/3 cups cilantro leaves.  add 3/4 of the dressing and 2/3 cups toasted sliced almonds and mix to coat. Reserve the rest of the dressing if needed.

Creamy Soy Dressing
Combine 3 TBLS white wine vinegar, 3 TBLS sugar, 1 TBLS soy sauce, 1 clove garlic peeled and minced, 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil, 1/2 tsp ginger and turmeric, and 1/4 tsp cayenne. Wisk in a cup of mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin