Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Purple Haze in my Gardens

Yes...happening right now in my gardens is a Purple Haze. I have over 20 plants blooming various hues of purple, I know some of the may be crossing the line between purple, pink and blue...but I am running with it for the sake of these amazing blooms. So here is the list in no particular order.....


#1 Hardy Cranesbill Geraniums 

#2 Columbine (Aquilegia)

#3 Dwarf Crested Iris (Cristata)

#4 Wind Flowers (Anemone blanda)

#5 Wild Larkspur (Delphinium tricorne)

#6 Phlox (Phlox divaricata)

#7 Money Plant (Honesty  Lunaria)

#8 Vinca Major ' Varigated'

#9 Lilacs, several different varieties 


#10 Perennial Bachelor Buttons (Centaurea montana)

#11 Spanish Bluebells (Hyacinthoides hispanica)


#12 Violets (Viola odorata)

#13 Globe Allium Bulbs

#14 Wisteria

# 15 Virginia Blue Bells (Mertensia virginica)

#16 Grape Hyacinths Bulbs 

#17 Purple Crocus Bulbs

#18 Red Bud Trees

                                                    # 19   First of the Bearded Iris


So here is my last choice, I can either take a photo of the Hen
bit Weed, which has a purple blossom and has been very invasive this year in my garden but instead I choose the 20th purple bloom to be one of my favorites Dame's Rocket. (Hesperis matronalis)  I see it opening up.....


So there you have it .....I have been in Georgia all weekend and came home to find more purple...starting to open. But I need to end this blog....ENJOY   Purple Haze is everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. I liked the Columbines best of all the ones you listed; they are my favorite. It was a very impressive list.

    Jeannie
    GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin