Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

Yes..it is Foamflower.....



Yes …this gem in the wildflower garden is Tiarella, foamflower,is a genus of wildflower and garden plants found in Asia and North America. They belong to the Saxifrage family (Saxifragaceae).

I grow this in a shady area behind my herb house. I love working in this area, especially on hot days as this area stays so nice and cool. Over the years, many wind storms have gone through this area, I have lost major limbs off the trees. This has given this area more sun than in previous years, it is a very dynamic area constantly changing.

So I am continually moving and changing plants in this area. ..But back to the foamflower. I love its fuzzy bloom..but it is also provides pollen for birds and bees . The leaves are attractive all season long….I hope you will add it to your garden. 



No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin