Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Time to Winter Sow

 

         I love this method of sowing seeds. I first learned about it about 5 years ago and I have never looked back.  So far I have only done the traditional way but after listening to Joe the Gardener, I am going to try a different but similar way using Native Perennials. Stay tuned for information on that adventure...coming soon. More seeds are ordered.


    For a step by step detail on winter sowing, just type in Winter Sowing in my search bar on this blog site and all three blogs will pop up!!  Please do this before doing method of sowing seeds 

    This year I have started with parsley (both flat and curly),violas, and Angelica. I love having tons of parsley not only for my swallowtail caterpillars to munch on but also for me to use.  More to be sowed.

    My mom and I always planted tons of pansies and violas. You know it was the Tri Delta and Theta in us, we could not help it. I am doing Violas three ways...save that for another blog. 
    
    I can not encourage you to try this effortless and rewarding method of sowing seeds. Remember it does best for me when you use perennials and seeds that require cold stratification. 





    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin