Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Anniversary Trip















For our 35th Wedding Anniversary and my husband's 58th birthday,I planned a mystery trip for him. He had no idea where we were going. It was great fun. We ended up on the Island of Eleuthera, one of the outer Islands of the Bahamas. Well..it was amazing. The beaches were the best I have ever seen and I found conchs. I have been searching for this shell for years and I found them on the beach on my Mom's 91st Birthday! More to come on this trip but for now here is the recipe of the fruits of our labors!! My husband loved this salad.

BAHAMIAN STYLE CONCH SALAD
1 (2 lb.) conch meat
15 limes, squeezed
1 large tomato, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 celery stalk, diced
1 large onion, chopped
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper
The best conchs are those that have been frozen in salt water.

Squeeze limes and defrost the cleaned conch meat in the lime juice.

Combine all of the vegetables in a large bowl. Add them to the lime juice.

Chop the conchs into 1/2 inch cubes. It's easier to do this while they are still partially frozen.

Return the conchs to the lime mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Taste and add salt and pepper and cayenne pepper, if needed. 1-2 hot peppers is usually enough.

1 comment:

  1. Honey it is perfectly okay not to blog when you and hubby get to take an anniversary trip. Welcome back. The salad sounds delicious. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin