Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Great Cook Book

Last year for Christmas my husband gave me a new cookbook. Quite honestly, I was slightly mifted because I wanted earrings!!! So I put the book aside it was FARM TO FORK by Emeril Lagasse. Fast forward to summer, searching for a way to use the wonderful produce from my garden I opened the pages of this great cookbook. I have loved every recipe I have made, which now is quite a few. I have copied the Dill Pickle Recipe. They were very tasty and although I filled many jars, they are now all consumed! So I eat "crow" for being mifted but sure hope he picks out another great cookbook this Christmas.

Kosher-style Dill Pickles
1 1/2 pounds freah pickling cucumbers
6 sprigs fresh dill
1 cup distilled white vinegar
2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
9 Cloves garlic smashed
2 bay leaves, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried dill weed or dill seeds
1/2 teaspoon black pepperscorns
1/4 teaspoon whole fennel seeds

1. Trim off the stem ends of the cucumbers, and slice them into 1/4- inch- thick rounds. Divid the cucmber slices evenly among the pint jars. Add 2 dill sprigs to each container.

2. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a small suacepan, and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.

3. Ladle the hot brine over the cucumbers, being sure to get 3 cloves of garlic into each container. Set the jsrs aside, uncovered, to cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Refrigerate the jars for 1 hour. The cover and refirgerate for up to 3 months.

Thanks Emeril!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin