Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Salsa from the Great Tomatoes.

I have had several people ask me for my recipe for the salsa I have been preserving.
So here it is but beware.....when I was working on this the water boiled over and I have ended up with bad burns on my tummy.

The salsa is great. So I guess I have to say no pain no gain.

Chunky Homemade Salsa

8 lbs ripe tomatoes
2 cups seeded and chopped fresh Anaheim chile peppers
1/2 cup seeded and chopped fresh jalapeƱo or Serrano peppers(2 large)
2 cups chopped onions (2 large)
1/2 cup snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup tomato paste
5 clove garlics, minced
1 t salt
1 t cumin seeds toasted and crushed
1 t ground black pepper

Wash and peel tomatoes. Then coarsely chop the tomatoes, let them sit in a colander for 30 minutes then transfer to a good pan and let it simmer for for about 90 minutes.

Add Chile peppers, onions, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, tomato paste, garlic salt, cumin seeds, and black pepper. return mixture to boiling , reduce heat Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.

Ladle hot salsa into hot, sterilized pint canning jars leaving a 1/2 inch headspace

Process filled jars Ina boiling water canner for 15 minutes

Any remaining salsa can be saved in an airtight container for a week.

ENJOY.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Wedgewood Dr,Shelbyville,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin