Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday

So I have a long list of things to accomplish to today. I have to take a deep breathe and accomplish things one by one.

So I have unloads the jeep from last nights talk. I have taken the spent herbs to the compost pile. Then actually looked at what I had and journeyed to the store.

Last year I did not make enough Opal Basil Vinegar. So task number 1. I used all the dark basil I had taken to the talk and I am making Opal Basil Vinegar. I brought a jug of white vinegar up to a boil, but not to boiling. Then I stuffed the plastic container full of opal basil and then add the hot vinegar. I capped it and will let it sit for about 6 weeks. Then I will strain and put into decorative bottles with a beautiful seed head in the bottle

This makes an amazing vinegar.


This is a great recipe I use this vinegar in.

Broccoli and cauliflower salad

1 head cauliflower
1 bunch broccoli
2 stalks celery cut into small pieces
1 cup sugar
2 TBLS poppy seeds
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried mustard
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 cup opal basil vinegar
1 1/4 cup oil

Break vegetables into bites size pieces. Add celery. mix together all the rest of the ingredients and add to the veggies. refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Then ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin