Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dad


My Father passed away last year after a long struggle with Alzheimer's, however during his lifetime he spent many hours planting thousands of daffodils and Black Eyed Susans on their property in Brown County Indiana. He moved Black Eyed Susans to every inch of bare land. Then he started on his six kid's properties. When I moved to Kentucky from Indiana, our moving van was full of Indiana Black Eyed Susans. If anyone has ever grown the native Indiana Black Eyed Susan they will understand how quickly my yard filled as well as all my neighbors. Nothing is better than giving away plants to good friends. Every time I move a bunch or give a bunch of Black Eyed Susans, I feel my father close and get a very special warm feeling in my heart. All the plants my Dad nurished love my garden.....even the violets! I love you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin