Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Orange Basil Cookies-continuing with Basil!

I have not been eating many cookies these days. I am down 23 lbs and still going. Ladies my age know what this time in our life can do! But if I were going to eat a cookie, I would make this one. Very easy and very tasty!

1/4 cup butter
3 oz cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1TBLS orange juice
1teas orange peel
i box orange cake mix
1 cup nutmeats and raisins
2 TBLS dried basil*

Mix together butter, cheese, egg yolk, juice and cake mix. Stir in nuts and raisins, orange peel,and basil. Chill dough. roll into 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheets(I spray Pam them..can use butter) Flatten each with a fork. bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

* 1 teaspoon dried= 1 tbls fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin