Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

WHAT I KNOW

I have been trying to garden tonight. Sometimes I come home from work and my gardens seem overwhelming. I have such a passion for gardening that when I go into a nursery I can feel my body start to tingle.
This addiction has led me to plant gardens all over our 20 acres. Every spare minute is spent on a garden project. But tonight my hand is still swollen from my run in with the bees, the bugs are pesky, and it is HOT so I am inside.


I have decided that for ever herb I focus on, I am going to have a section on: "What I Know". Since I use the definition of an herb as any plant that has any use for Mankind, this could a very lengthy blog!


Please note: I studied Anthropology not Horticulture in college. What I know I have learned from reading, gardening, attending and teaching herb classes and seminars. I have been on this path for over 30 years. I am not great with Latin names, I prefer the nick names. However I bring to the table years of study, hands on experience and a passion or shall I say an obsession with gardening. I am a Master Gardener in Shelby County Kentucky as well.





If you disagree or have anything to add to "What I Know"
please write me about the subject. I would love to learn
"What You Know". There is a wealth of information on herbs; from history, to uses, to growth patterns, to all the myths and lore's. I want to learn it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin