Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So I have been talking about basil so much ...I feel I need to give you one of my favorite recipes using Basil. Maybe it is because I am inside since I was weeding in the shade garden and got into a bumble bee nest and my right hand is swollen! Gardening is rough business!!

Cheese and Basil Bubbles

This is such an easy wonderful easy bread. Jake's new Inlaw Mom will love that I have finally written this down and passed it on...So sorry Marian it took so long!!

3/4 C Sour Cream
1/4 C Milk
2/3 C grated Parmesan Cheese
2 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley
2 teaspoon snipped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
3 cups bisquick baking mix ( I have used the new light bisquick with no taste difference )
1/4 cup melted butter

Set oven to 400 degrees

Generously grease a 10 inch tube pan..side aside. In a pie pan combine cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, paprika. Stir with a fork to blend. Set aside. In a medium bowl combine Bisquick, sour cream, milk..beat 60 strokes. Gather into a ball and knead. Divide into 1" balls. Dip each ball into melted butter and then roll into cheese to coat. Arrange balls about 1/4" apart in layers. If any cheese mixture remains sprinkle cheese over the dough balls. Bake 20 minutes..cool on a rack for 5 minutes ..loosen from the sides and flip over onto a great platter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin