Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away



It is around 2:30 in the morning,the rain pounding on my slate roof invaded my sleep. Rain is not what we need in this part of the world. We have had way too much rain . It also was the coolest July on record, the temperature never reached 90 degrees the entire month!

Consequently the roses, lavender and tomatoes are all crying for relief.It has made it extremely difficult to tend to my garden activities after work. It is either raining or the bugs are so bad that they force me to retreat. I feel very frustrated walking around the garden and looking at what needs to be accomplished. The grass and fields love it, but not my husband who is mowing non-stop.

I work full time at our family owned business. We build post frame buildings, that are used for everything from horse barns,churches to commercial buildings. Although, I love going to work and seeing my son everyday, I remain constantly pulled by the urge to get in the garden. Soon I plan to work only part time, which will make everyone happier including my gardens!

If the need arises for a great building, check us out. http://www.blitzbuilders.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin