Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Adventures.

This holiday season we are having a Christmas adventure. We are traveling to one of my favorite spots, Eleuthera. We are leaving our precious Grand-babies behind and pets. But all are being well taken care of and housesitting arranged.

We are traveling with our daughter and her husband, they love a good adventure so it helps calm my more cautious husband. Eleuthera is one of the outer islands of the Bahamas, it's remoteness and culture make it very laid back. However, the beaches a worth any effort to get here.

My intention is to take you along on this adventure, of course I will be looking at this place with my eyes of a gardener, chef and nature lover.

So here we go, after many delays and normal travel aggregations, we arrived late into Nassau.



We stayed in downtown Nassau late, but enjoyed our one night stay at the Colonial Hilton. It is one of the oldest and certainly on of the most majestic of the hotels in Nassau. These are views from the windows.



Although we had to leave early the next morning for the airport. We did get are minutes to walk down Bay Street and bargain at the Straw Market for a beautiful bag for Kalee and a straw hat for me.

Then off to catch our tiny plane to Eleuthera .

Just a note... I had a bad image of Nassau but would definitely come back for a longer day or so.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin